Training for Disney 1/2 Marathon

Monday, September 29, 2008

My first blister

Training on Saturday was the longest run so far this season, 6 miles. And the old adage definitely holds true, the last mile is always the longest and hardest. I ran with the same group of 4 other women that I have been running with for the past 3 weeks. We all run very well together and they are great motivators to keep running, even when I want to stop running and just walk.

Our run on Saturday was along the C&O Canal path running parallel to the Potomac River. It was supposed to be an easier run since it was a gravel path, but it had rained the night before and the path was a little uneven and rocky. For the first time in the 5 weeks of running, I came home and was sore and noticed the beginning of a blister on my pinky toe. I think that I felt it this week more than others because of the uneven terrain and adding an additional mile to the run. But, I completed the whole thing!

My goals for this week is to increase my pace and increase my intervals.

Next time, my first adventure in picking up Jackson from school in the double jogging stroller.


Visit my fundraising page to donate or check my fundraising progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home